Monday, June 1, 2009

My E3 PhotoJournal

Today was definitely an eye-opener for me. The gaming industry is just amazing and I would give one of my kidneys to be apart of it someday. Everyone there was just friendly as could be and it was definitely awesome to meet some of the celebrities of the blogosphere (Major Nelson, Uncle Gamer, Brian Crecente).

DSC_0070

DSC_0087

We made it to LA at the crack of dawn and ran up to get our tickets, I guess Major Nelson's contest wasn't THAT last minute (by the evidence of this sign).

DSC_0095

The Ticket!! AHH LEGIT PRESS Ticket!

DSC_0303

I guess we made it to the line a bit early?

DSC_0101

*Glances behind himself

DSC_0102

Ahh just let us in already Microsoft!

DSC_0098

Major Nelson in the flesh!

DSC_0111

An hour and a half later...

DSC_0123

We're in! The setup was awesome. For something that was exclusive to the press I was really impressed by the grand setup for it. Microsoft didn't cut a many corners here.

DSC_0129

DSC_0207

DSC_0128



The seats are still fillin up, we were sitting next to Lars from Bungie (Multiplayer Dev/Forum Personality)

DSC_0145

The Beatles Rock Band? AWESOME much?

DSC_0173

Yoko Ono and George Harrison's Wife. Kinda a big deal.

DSC_0177

Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, sweet.

DSC_0199

Tony Hawk, he's just awkward during this presentation.

DSC_0209

Modern Warfare 2, the demo was amazing due in part to the Galen Center's sound system.

DSC_0219

Cliffy B, Demoing his new arcade title.

DSC_0227

Some love for the UbiSoft Montreal guys, they are always innovating. I loved the integration of mission objectives right into the game, that was awesome, really cinematic.

DSC_0238

Sam Fisher is back!

DSC_0237

Forza motorsport 3, looked great. I loved the movie creation demo.

DSC_0243

Joe Staten!! My favorite Bungie-ite.

DSC_0248

I loved taking pictures of that screen.

DSC_0252

And another Halo game for 360? Little bit overkill.

DSC_0255

Could it be!?!

DSC_0265

WIN!

DSC_0274

Steven Spielberg! Celeb sighthings overload.

DSC_0282

Well it's all over now and I'm super bummed but I will make it back someday in the future.

DSC_0297

In closing, it was just awesome being there amidst all the people in the industry. I was just stoked to actually be in there due in part with how exclusive it really is. Here's to hoping that... someday.

No comments: