Why are we so drawn to security. What brings forth this attraction? I awaken this Sunday with a plethora of thoughts about this illusive feeling that I am drawn to. It is manufactured in the subconscious mind of every drunk teen that leaves their conventions in the dust. When we lose control of our conscious mind, we head for a slippery slope that leads to our quick descent.
Security is certainly undefinable. Our perception of security is universal on a person to person basis. As I mature and encounter more people. I love to meticulously analyze every lasting fabric of their visible being. Where they find security is undoubtedly the most fascinating matter at hand. Security is most apparent with someone we truly align with. Only then will we truly find solace.
Security can stem from our concept of love; unfortunately, lust can form this illusion of security. Lust is a force driven by our hormones rather than emotions. We are blinded by lust time and time again to the point where affiliation is built upon a lie. Without that intricate chemistry, lust may never evolve into love no matter how much we attempt to rationalize our feelings. Like we need to tell ourselves why we try at the end of the day, as if it counts for anything.
Furthermore, it is now clear that I need to rid my life of these false convictions. This path has lead me to the shadowy underground. I know that I have lived in the dark for far too long, rationalizing my motives to reaffirm my false sense of security. I am over this phase, here's to a more matured outlook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment